This is me trying to be proactive and trying to get back to posting weekly so here is this week’s post!
The Lord has been ministering to me about rest since April and I believe that it’s such an important reminder for us because a number have not been at rest whether its mentally, physically or emotionally.
As a child of God, the Lord wants you to know that you can find rest in Him.Tweet
So let’s head over to the book of Hebrews and I’m not going to write the whole chapter here but please read the entire chapter.
Hebrews 4:1-2 NLT God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. For this good news—that God has prepared this rest—has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn’t share the faith of those who listened to God.
- Rest is a promise from God and a promise is guaranteed so claim it today if you have none. Remember that the enemy is the master of causing unease, but God has assured us that in Him, we can find rest.
- Rest is only available for the children of God. Verse 3 is clear on this that only those that believe will enter into His rest.
Hebrews 4:3 NLT. For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said, “In my anger I took an oath: ‘They will never enter my place of rest,’” even though this rest has been ready since he made the world.
- Rest is biblical (hello workaholics 👋👋). It’s okay to take time off and not feel guilty about it. Even God rested on the 7th day. (Verse 4)
- Don’t sin and expect God to give you rest. We must be careful to obey God (Vs 6). Disobedience will cause you to not enter into His rest
- Rest is available AT ALL TIMES. So whenever we need it we can receive it, it’s always available (vs. 7).
- There is another rest that’s available to us that is eternal (Heaven) so let us strive to enter into that rest that God has also promise.
- Whether or not we want to receive His rest is our choice. We are the ones to ENTER into it because the gate is wide open.
- Not everyone will enter into this rest. Unfortunate as it is those who reject God will not experience this rest (vs. 1).
God Shows me a Picture of His Rest
In April, I had a dream that I believe symbolized this rest that God has made available to us.
In the dream I was in a hotel that I was well tended to, this hotel was so white and clean. It was unlike anything I had ever seen. The serenity there was surreal and I remember feeling so refreshed. I checked in for free (I didn’t pay a dime as everything was catered for).
All I did as I lounge by the poolside and be tended to. I did not have to lift a finger to do anything while there.
That’s the picture that I believe that God wants us to have of His rest. It’s a place of casting all our problems at the feet of Jesus and just chilling (what comes to my mind is going away on a holiday.)
So child of God,God is inviting you and I into this rest. Will you receive it?
In case you are not born again and would like to enter into this rest (because it’s only available to believers, here’s a prayer you can say and then you will be able to be a partaker of this rest.
Prayer for Salvation
“Lord, Jesus I confess that I have sinned against you and I ask you to forgive me for my sins. I confess that you are the Son of God, and you died for me so that I could live and you rose again and are sitted at the right hand of the Father. Today I ask you to come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. My life is no longer my own it belongs to you. Thank you for saving me. Amen