Hey guys, I plan to keep this post as brief as possible because I have vlogged about it and it’s more detailed so I’m just going to list down the reasons why we need to allow God to shape our character.
This particular message was inspired by Apostle Paul’s words in Romans 5:3-5 where he says that:
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.
And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment.
For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
I remember reading this and meditating on it for such a long time till the Holy Spirit revealed to me that its we go through trials on order to develop our character.
The reasons for this are:
- Problems reveal who you really are. Whatever has been hidden (it’s always negative) tends to come out when things don’t go according to plan.
- Trials help us to grow. Maturity is the goal of any trial.
- It’s for our own good.Eve though it doesn’t feel like it at the time.
- Trials help us to develop the fruit of the Holy Spirit when we get to the place of surrender and realize that we can’t do it on our own.
- The end goal is to enable us to be able to faithfully steward the gifts of the Holy Spirit faithfully.
In this video I delve more into this, so check it out!