The Lord gave me the idea of starting a mind transformation challenge on the 31st of January and I believe that the reason for this is in order for us to reach purpose , we have to let go of the our old way of thinking because we cannot go to where He wants to take us with the same (defeated) mindsets that we’ve had.
We started this journey on the 1st of this month (February 2019) and the challenge runs up until 28th February and what a journey it has been! With only 5 days to go to the end of this challenge I must say that I am amazed at what I have learned.
The battle is truly in our minds and Satan is well aware of this hence why he has ensured that he keeps our minds occupied and frustrated. I have learnt that it’s only through the power of the Holy Spirit that we can overcome and be able to lead victorious lives.
Today’s post will simply be listing the issues that we have lacked in the first 14 days so that in case anyone will be interested in taking part in the challenge at a later date, this post will be a point of reference.
Remember to put on the fill armor of God according to Ephesians 6:11-18 everyday as you undertake this challenge
Please note that you cannot do this challenge if you are not born again otherwise you could land in serious trouble. If you would like to give your life to Jesus before starting this challenge please repeat the following prayer out loud:
Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner in need of your forgiveness. I believe that you died on the Cross and rose again and by doing so you paid the ultimate penalty for my sins. I invite you into my life to be my Lord and Savior and to have your way in my life. I thank you that I am now a new creation. Amen
Day 1 & 2 : Preparing for the challenge.
- The challenge involves taking a critical look of our lives especially in terms the things that affect our minds.
- We have to deal with the wrong foundations that influence our thinking and as they are removed, God comes in to set RIGHT foundation, one that is is based on His word.
- The first 2 days therefore require us to reflect on our lives and identify the issues that have affected our minds, and contributed to thinking in a certain way.
- The anchor scripture for this challenge is Romans 12:2
Day 3: Breaking bad habits and replacing them with good ones
- We identify any bad habits that we are struggling with letting go of, no matter how minor it seems like never being able to be on time.
- Confess to God one by one and ask Him to help us to overcome. Everyday, we will take steps to overcome them by inviting the Holy Spirit to help us.
- A critical part of breaking a bad habit is by replacing it with a good one. So find something to keep you busy.
- Begin to read the Bible and meditate on it, make prayer a daily requirement before you commence the day
- Most importantly ask the Holy Spirit to help you break these habits everyday.
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires -Ephesians 4:22 New International Version (NIV)
Day 4: Overcoming Lukewarmness
- We repent for becoming comfortable in our salvation and for taking the grace we have received from Jesus for granted and lukewarmness (Revelations 3:15-16).
- We also need to ask Him to re-awaken the passion and zeal that we once had for Him and invite Him to take us deeper in His ways as we seek His face.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth- Revelation 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
Day 5: Manipulation
- Psychological manipulation can be defined as the exercise of undue influence through mental distortion and emotional exploitation, with the intention to seize power, control, benefits and/or privileges at the victim’s expense (psychologytoday.com)
- It usually works to the advantage of one and the disadvantage of the other person and the aim of manipulation is to control.
- Examples of manipulation are lying, making excuses, blaming the victim, exaggeration, overwhelming you with facts and statistics or Procedures and Red Tape (bureaucracies), putting pressure on you to make a decision before you’re ready, making critical remarks, often disguised as humor or sarcasm, to make you seem inferior and less secure and by constantly marginalizing, ridiculing, and dismissing you, she or he keeps you off-balance and maintains her superiority. (psychologytoday.com)
- Pray to God to expose every area of our lives that are under manipulation and asking the Lord to heal our minds of anything that is causing us to fall into the hand of manipulators as well as helping us to overcome any environment that is enabling us to be manipulated.
And that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before.- Thessalonians 4:6
Day 6 : Friendships
- We take a closer look our friendships.
- Are they good company?
- What are their values and are they similar to ours and are they in line with the Word of God?
- Do we influence each other negatively and lead each other into sin?
- Do they love Jesus and are they living their lives to glorify Him?
- Lets ask the Lord to reveal to us the true state of our friendships and whether He approves of them or not.
- Repentance for leading and allowing ourselves to be led into sin through peer pressure.
- Repentance for not being true friends by compromising our values by refusing to advise our friends when we knew they were on the wrong for we are meant to rebuke one another in love.
- Ask Him work on us with regards to our friends, that He will prune us and give us the courage to sever any ties to friends that may be holding us back and to give us genuine friends who seek and love Him.
There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.- Proverbs 18:24
Day 7: Pride and Self- Righteousness
- Ask the Lord to show us every area of our lives that we have continued to walk in pride & self righteousness knowingly and unknowingly
- Repentance of every act of pride/self-righteousness that we have been committing.
- Repentance for the pride of life
- Let’s ask Him to teach us to be humble
Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall. -Proverbs 16:18 New Living Translation (NLT)
Day 8: Identity
- We renounce every lie that we have believed with regards to our identity that contrary to what God says about us through His Word.
- Repentance for placing our identity in earthly possessions instead of placing it in Jesus.
- Let’s also ask Him to teach us who we are in Him that we may walk in the power and authority that He gave us according to Ephesians 1
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light – 1 Peter 2:9 NKJV
Day 9: Reflecting on the last 8 days
- As we reflect on the first 8 days of the challenge, we continue to ask Him to reveal everything that we have covered for these days that continues to hold our minds hostage.
Remember the days of old, reflect on the years of previous generations. Ask your father, and he’ll tell you; your elders will inform you.- Deutronomy 32:7
Day 10: Thanksgiving
- Offering thanksgiving to God for all that He has done so far with regards to healing our minds.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 New King James Version (NKJV)
Day 11: Low self esteem
- Let’s pray to God to heal us of all the childhood wounds that have caused us to have a low self esteem
- Pray for Him to transform our minds by changing the way that we see ourselves to be in line with how He sees us.
For thus says the LORD of hosts, “After glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye. – Zechariah 2:8
Day 12: Learning to receive Love
- We renounce every lie that God does not love us.
- For those of us that struggle with accepting and receiving the Father’s love due to wounds, today we proclaim Jeremiah 31:3 out loud
Day 13: Purpose to Draw Closer to God
- We begin to immerse ourselves in the Word of God by reading and meditating on His Word day and night.
- Desire to become more intimate with Him by spending time with Him.
- Learn to worship Him in spirit and truth and live a life that will glorify Him. Above all, learn to pray without ceasing.
- Invite Him into your day as you go about it.
- Learn to surrender to Him completely.
Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.-Deuteronomy 11:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
Day 14: Letting Go of the Past
- We are leaving all our burdens and the issues of the past that we have carried and have held us back at the feet of Jesus today.
- If you are struggling with releasing anything that happened to you in the past, invite the Holy Spirit to help you release it as He comforts you.
- Repent for dwelling in the past.
- Pray for restoration of the years lost as a result of dwelling in past hurts.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”-Matthew 11:28-30 New King James Version (NKJV)
Do enjoy the challenge! Part 2 (day 15-28) is available here